- Public Cloud provides a shared platform that is accessible to the general public through an Internet connection.
- Public cloud operated on the pay-as-per-use model and administrated by the third party, i.e., Cloud service provider.
- In the Public cloud, the same storage is being used by multiple users at the same time.
- Public cloud is owned, managed, and operated by businesses, universities, government organizations, or a combination of them.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Microsoft Azure, IBM’s Blue Cloud, Sun Cloud, and Google Cloud are examples of the public cloud.